Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Loss, Grief, New Beginnings And A New Dog

Days after my last post in November, I very unexpectedly (and dramatically) lost my mom.  Everything shut down for me, and this blog was on that "everything" list.  To say life is forever changed is an understatement, but in the past 6 weeks I have started to heal.  Some of the healing was forced upon me because we immediately inherited my mom's 9 month old Great Pyrenees puppy, Georgie, and she doesn't allow time for sadness lol.  Life has been...busy.  But, with a new year approaching quickly, new energy in our house and a new idea and direction for this blog, I am back.  For the time being I want to post mostly photos.  I have found playing around with my camera to be lots of fun, and pretty relaxing.  I am learning along the way, but I hope to be able to post some decent pictures through this year.  Last night we got our first snowfall, so today we had a snow photoshoot!

Piper

Murray

Murray

Georgie
  

9 comments:

  1. We are so terribly sorry for your loss. We are sending you love and hugs. Thank you for taking in Georgie. We hate to hear of beloved pups going to the shelter when they lose their parents. It will keep part of your Mom alive inside of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are sorry to hear about your mom. It takes a long time to learn how to go through the days without a parent so be gentle with yourself!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are VERY sorry to hear about your mother.. That is a really Difficult Loss to recover from...
    BUT having her Pup to bring some Excitement and diversion into your life WILL help...
    We are here for you... during the Rough Patches...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear that....hope you are healing....but a very pretty pup....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry... this year was not a good one... Hello to Georgie, what a cute pup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very sorry. 2015 took a lot of good people. It has been a rough year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're so sorry for the loss of your momma. Bless you for taking in Georgie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to learn you lost your mother. We're glad you took some time to yourself to begin healing. And how wonderful you took in her pup Georgie. We can imagine you have your hands full.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm very sorry for your loss. Georgie is adorable, and I'm Looking forward to seeing more of him!

    ReplyDelete

She Deserves Better